REMINDER: TO BE GRATEFULIf I have learned one thing about mental illness, it is to NEVER take anything for granted. As I returned home from work today, I was pleasantly greeted by the images. At that moment, I was reminded to be grateful for all that is positive in my life. Thank you horsees (yes I call them hors-ees :) BTW, this particular horse walked about 200 feet just to say hi, up close.
What am I grateful for?
• My sister is about to give birth to her first child (even after a horrible miscarriage).
• My brother is currently in a state hospital working towards recovery and acceptance.
• My new found friends at the Friendship House (thanks Amanda).
• The courageous, lost souls who inspire me to be a better person.
• A supportive husband who makes me laugh and gives my work an honest critique.
• For parents who encouraged me to always be creative.
• FREE therapy on four legs...I mean my two precious dogs, Miles and Basie.
• That medicine and therapy will bring my brother back one day...I just have to be patient.
• The moments of recovery I have experience with Josh, as brief as they were.
• Finally...for his courage, generosity and kindness...he is unique and I love him for that.
What are you grateful for?